This soup is so good and so easy. Now you can create a restaurant copycat at home by tossing a few ingredients into a pot.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup water
- 4 slices American cheese
- ¹⁄2 cup flour
- ¹⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- ¹⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4¹⁄2 cups bite-size broccoli florets
- Combine all the ingredients except the broccoli into a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce to a simmer.
- Add the broccoli and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Garnish with shredded Cheddar cheese.